Thursday 2 February 2017

Makeup Hack: Broken Blush/Bronzer/Eyeshadow/Highlighter

Hey guys! I dropped one of my favourite eyeshadows on the floor the other day. If this happened a couple of years ago, I would have just thrown it away (with an aching heart), but thanks to beauty advice on the internet I now know it’s fixable!

There are quite a few methods I found, mostly using rubbing alcohol. Since I wasn’t comfortable with that, I settled for a process using Fixing Spray :)

So here’s the compact after it fell:
 
 




Instructions:
 




I used a teaspoon to crush the eyeshadow into a fine powder. You can crush it in a Ziploc bag if you want to avoid making a mess.
 








 




Using your spoon, press the crushed powder back into the compact. Mine was a bit difficult because the shadow was originally dome-shaped not flat so the shadow kept spilling out.

 
 
 


Pour about 2 teaspoons of Fixing Spray over the shadow (don’t use the pump to spray as the powder will blow all over the place). The Fixing spray makes the shadow a bit gooey and easier to mould.

 





Smoothen the top with a spoon or butter knife. You can also put your hand in the same Ziploc bag and smoothen the shadow with your fingers. Avoid using your fingers directly on the product for hygienic purposes (if you’re the only one who uses your makeup, go ahead and do what you want!)…

 






At this stage you can press a little design onto the shadow (which I did) or leave as is.


 

Let it to dry overnight, the Fixing spray will evaporate and your shadow will be solid and good as new!

If you don’t have Fixing spray, you can use a few drops of water instead, but this may affect the quality of the product.
Investing in a Fixing spray is definitely something I recommend… I’ll do a post on it soon!

Hope this helps you salvage your makeup and saves you a few bucks especially when you break an item that cost you $50!!

Please don’t hesitate to email or comment below if you have any questions.

, Sana xx

No comments:

Post a Comment