Thursday 9 February 2017

exREDition- Part One: Rimmel Provocalips

Hiii :)

So my year so far has been sooo crazy busy, I’m hardly finding time to do my weekly posts! Today I’m going to give you a quick but long overdue review on Rimmel’s Provocalips. I’m on the hunt for THE perfect red lipstick/lip-gloss/lip colour. I will be doing a few reviews on some of the products I’ve tried and tested so far, so let’s just call this Part One.

Mission:

  A deep red lipstick or gloss that will keep my lips hydrated and

  Retain its colour for a good few hours so I don’t have to keep reapplying…

Clarification:

  Red is hot.

  I’m really bad at reapplying my lip colour- mostly because I can’t do it without a mirror (red requires precise application) and I’m too self-conscious to pull one out in front of people and also because I forget!

  I need the hydration because my lips are extremely, extremely dry which is why I prefer using glosses but they’re not usually long lasting.

Progress:

  I was overjoyed to find PROVOCALIPS 16HR KISSPROOF LIP COLOUR.

  It ticked all the boxes: “Transfer proof, food proof, high impact endless colour. No tight feeling or dry lips. Lips feel smooth and moisturized all day long.”

  Double sided with a colour gloss on one end and a clear topcoat on the other end.

  Purchased “Play with Fire”.

Trial:

  STEP 1: Apply colour and keep lips apart for 60 seconds until the product sets.

  STEP 2: Apply topcoat to lock the colour, moisture and add shine.
 

Verdict:

  The colour glides on amazingly and is truly transfer proof. That’s the only positive :(

  Smells (and tastes) like cheap and synthetic makeup.

  Feels tacky and sticky (not smooth and glossy) before it dries out.

  This lipstick is so drying that it creates cracks and starts peeling if you smile or tighten your lips in any way (like any normal person would). You will have flecks of uncoloured sections on your lips.

  You cannot be reapply at all (crumbles off if too thick or layered).

  Tried several different methods of applying, all with same result.

  Most definitely does not last in perfect condition for more than 2 hours.

  Very difficult to remove (crying face). So you’re sitting there with peeling, cracked, flaky lips and it won’t even come off!! Tried coconut oil, an oil based makeup remover, water, Micellar water, waterproof makeup remover, Vaseline –you name it!

Suffice to say I won’t be repurchasing this product. I’ve read some positive reviews on this so it may work on you depending on your body and chemistry I guess. My suggestion would be to try the sample at the store and then purchase it the next day if you are happy with the results. It’s a bit on the pricier side of affordable (R119.95*)…

They’re available in 4 other colours:

 

 

 
  Kiss me you fool
  Little Minx
  Make your move
  Skinny Dipping

 
 


Please do let me know how it works for you.

The hunt continues.

, Sana xx

*All prices and details are correct at time of publication and are subject to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment