Friday 18 November 2016

Eye do!!

I did a post last year on my favourite liquid eye liner but now I’ve come across something even more amazing.





On a recent trip to the UK (the girls are just fab at make up there!), my niece used the Rimmel London Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner on me and I was mesmerized by the deep black colour and at how long it lasted (does not fade).



Unlike the other liners I’ve reviewed, this isn’t a pen. It’s a small pot with an applicator that creates smooth and precise lines. I bought my first one 4 months ago and have used it EVERY DAY since then and it’s still going! It hasn’t dried up or lost its pigment and the felt tip is still perfect.

 


Rimmel London Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner

 
So as you can see, a 2.5ml bottle lasts really long, but to be honest, even if it got me through one month I’d still go back and buy it.

It’s a really good quality product and passed all my tests:

·         Rich in colour, even over tons of eyeshadow.

·         No fading.

·         No smudging.

·         No flaking.

·         No transfer onto eyelids.

·         Once you apply, it dries quickly on your lids, so no smearing.

·         Not bulky to carry around.

·         Easy to use and apply.

·         Product goes a long way and keeps its consistency.

The colour I have is: 001 100% Black. I still like my Urban Decay Liquid Eye Pen but if truth be told I haven’t used it since I bought the Exaggerate. And if I had to pick between the two I’d go for the Rimmel one.

When I got back to South Africa, I did some checking online, and I've discovered it’s not sold here. There is a Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner available at Clicks. However, it's the “Waterproof” version.

 
The one available at Clicks.

It’s not the exact product but I think its pretty close and a bargain at R89.95*. Rimmel's site says the Waterproof version lasts 24 hours (vs. 16 hours) and has a glossy finish. I will definitely be trying it out and letting you know. But if you can get your hands on the one from London, don’t hesitate!! And if anyone spots it in any of the stores here please let me know.

**Update** I've just been informed by the beautiful Ranaa that Rimmel London Exaggerate Liquid Eye Liner is in fact available at Clicks (not sure why it doesn't show online but yay!!). She says it's the only one she uses and if you have a look at the photos on her blog (link below), you'll see why! She always looks gorgeous!

, Sana xx

*All prices and details are correct at time of publication and are subject to change.

Ranaa's Blog:
rmfashionary.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment